Suitable, secure and affordable housing is a fundamental human right.
The year we became a registered charity.
CONTACT Community Housing AID
01392 430 228
Community Housing Aid started off in 1990 as a voluntary advice service offering housing advice to people facing homelessness in Exeter. Initially it was run by volunteers operating from Exeter Community Centre.
In June 1998 it became a registered charity known as Exeter Homeless Action Group and in September 1998 also became a limited company. In 2008 after consultation with stakeholders, the name was changed to Community Housing Aid to reflect the wider scope and area of the Charity’s work.
CHA has provided a wide range of projects and services; all tailored to furthering our charitable aims. These projects have included:
● A County-wide deposit bond scheme (Smartmove)
● A housing advice service
● Resettlement of offenders
● Mental health resettlement
● A court advice desk (CASS Desk)
Our charitable aims: To relieve the poverty, sickness and distress amongst persons within Devon & neighbouring counties
Our vision: CHA believes that suitable, sustainable, secure and affordable housing is a fundamental human right. We exist to support & assist people to access or remain in such accommodation, and to identify and remove barriers which prevent this.
1. There will always be barriers to suitable, sustainable, secure and affordable housing. CHA will seek to identify, remove or overcome these barriers; be they legal, economic, structural or environmental.
2. All of our activities should be ‘client centred’ and solely focussed on meeting their needs; incorporating choice, involvement and empowerment.